Sunday, May 8, 2011

So Drained

Exhausted from the all day digging of a French Drain in the back yard and the go-go-go to visit my family and then watch a movie with friends - my Saturday tired me out for my Sunday because not enough sleep plus a lot of physical labor equals me napping a lot and being non-motivated to run.

But finally at 4:30 I got out in the gorgeous day and ran in the very warm sunshine on my new "familiar favorite" 3 mile route. Total Workout: 3.0 miles in 28:28 (this time I included my walk down the hill near rather than stopping the clock as I did last time).

When I got back I joined Ryan in the back yard where he had been working on more of the French Drain. I shoveled some stones into a wheelbarrow and used a a really heavy pick-axe-type-thing to break up dirt so that Ryan could then hoe and rake it, as another part of the backyard project is turning the old pool area into a lawn. Worked out my arm muscles and forced myself to still stand despite wanting to rest again; so I am counting that as cross-training.

New Miles: 3.0
Total Miles: 232.75
Miles Remaining: 1267.25
Weight: 138.4

No comments:

Post a Comment