Tuesday, May 17, 2011

April showers bring May showers

Another dreary, rainy day yet my spirit was full as if the day were full of sunshine. I smiled as I put on my running shoes, I smiled as I stepped on the treadmill, and I smiled as I started walking then jogging. I think I am back to that point where not only do I enjoy working out but the thought of it makes me happy!

Unlike last year, just two days after the Half I feel good enough to work out again. True, my muscles are a bit sore, but all good soreness - the soreness that says "Woah you did something good for yourself!" And so today I smiled as I did a light workout to get my body recovered and to make my happy mind happy and satisfied.

I started off with a walk, jogged a little at 5.0mph and 5.5mph, walked a little then jogged a mile at 6.0mph, then walked a cool down. Simple, easy (though my legs and lungs did feel a bit otherwise for most of it) and hopefully just what I need to fend off what I sense to be an impending cold. Total Workout: 2.0 miles in 23:27 241cals.

To give you a fully picture of just how good I feel and excited I am about running: I have already looked at upcoming Half Marathon events and think I am going to register for them, as does Ryan. There is also a local 5K on July 4 that Ryan and I plan on doing with perhaps Bridgette and my two other sisters. I want to gobble up running experiences and the thought of more events makes me excited and happy. 

The Best Thought: "Wow! I am happy!"

New Miles: 2.0
Total Miles: 256.75
Miles Remaining: 1243.25
Weight: 136.6

No comments:

Post a Comment