Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Embrace the Pace

I completed the Local 1.0 route in 13:09 121 cals. It was a good warm up with two elevation changes to prepare me for my second mile of running Bruges, Belgium. Instead of fighting the pace this time I embraced the pace from the first step. I climbed on up to 6.5mph and held that pace for 2.5 minutes then I gradually slowed back down, completing 1.0miles in 10:31 117cals.

My ankle popped out of its socket for a few strides mid-run; I held myself up on the arm rails and methodically rolled my foot front to back til it felt better, then I kept on running. Usually when that happens I can feel it pop back in but this time it didn't. Afterwards as I cooled down my ankle quickly got sore, indicating it still needed to pop itself back into the right place. You may wonder: Does popping your ankle back into its socket hurt? The answer is: Yes, but fortunately only momentarily.

I then lifted my 5lb weights 5 different ways 15reps each. Did 10 push-ups then crunched out 100 crunches the pushed out 10 more push ups.

New Miles: 2.0
Total Miles: 24.0
Miles Remaining: 1476.0
Weight: 140.0

No comments:

Post a Comment