Monday, November 29, 2010

A tough cool down

Local 1.5 mile route today. Completed in 20:32, 187 cals. After the first 10 minutes walking I jogged at 5.5mph for two minutes then walked then again jogged at 5.5mph for .3 miles. My first attempts at incorporating jogging/running into the work out felt successful. I took a little lifting break and did a set of 10 (each arm) of 10lb kettlebells.

The 1.5 miles felt a little too good which led me to think doing another .5-1.0 miles was a good idea. I queued up the built-in iFit workout called 'Bog Springs' of Tucson, Arizona. It was an ever-inclining and speed changing 1.0 mile course. I struggled the entire 6:59 to catch up to the display and drop my speed to a walking pace. At one point I also mistakenly thought trying to jog was a good idea and thus I proceeded at 5.0mph at a high incline, likely for only a non-discernible amount of time/distance and my heart and lungs were working way too hard, and thus I transitioned my jog back into a walk and wrapped it up at .5 miles.

After catching my breath I figured a proper cool down was in store. So I brought up the regular treadmill track feature and walked. For most of my first lap I thought "Man this is the hardest cool down lap! I must have just walked and jogged harder than I thought!" and I contemplated stopping (also known as giving up). Then I looked at the display and the incline was at 10.5%! So I trekked out the remaining part of the lap, completing .25 miles in 4:24, 58 cals then set the incline to 0.0% and did a proper cool down starting at 4.2mph and working my way down to 3.4mph, completing .25 miles in 3:54, 34 cals.

Most motivating songs during the work out: Dispatch 'General' and Jet 'Take it or leave it'.

New Miles: 2.5
Total Miles: 7.0
Miles Remaining: 1493.0
Weight: 139.6

No comments:

Post a Comment