Saturday, November 27, 2010

Plus 2.5/Minus 2.5

After our workouts last night we joined iFit and discovered we could create workout routes on GoogleMaps that could be downloaded to the treadmill! First impression, working out is going to be fun!

I promptly made several routes, each of varying lengths and incline changes. This way we can run familiar and unfamiliar courses from our neighborhood and around the world. I created a few local maps and then a few additional fun maps of locations we have traveled to and some we haven't.

Saturday, November 27 Workout: I incorporated some lifting and crunches into the workout. While Ryan ran his '3-mile loop' I did 4 sets of 10, each arm, of 10lb kettlebell throws. Took an arm break and did 70 crunches (20 + 15 + 15 + 20) which was followed-up by 2 sets of 10 kettlebell throws of 15lbs. Then to round it out I did 30 more crunches (20 + 10); total crunches: 100. 

Once on the treadmill I brought up the 'Downtown' 1.4 mile, low incline trail. I was at .7miles in and fast-pace walking at 4.2mph when I accidentally hit the key which promptly stopped my workout. After re-starting I re-loaded the trail, I completed the first .7miles of the trail in 10:04 at 4.2mph and 86cals. I then finished the remaining .7miles - 1.4 miles at 4.2mph in 20:28 177cals. Then I just 'went to the track' and did .4 more miles in 5:47 50cals then walked a cool down of .1mi. Pre-working out I anticipated completing 1.5miles but somehow by the end of it I wound up doing 2.5. The brisk walk felt good and was completely doable. 

Total Workout: 2.5 miles, 36:19, 313 cals.

New Miles: 2.5
Total Miles: 3.5
Miles Remaining: 1496.5
Weight: 138.2lbs (pre-workout)

No comments:

Post a Comment