Sunday, November 28, 2010

Are you running today?

Ryan asked me, "Are you running today?" I promptly said "No." And then that question made me pause, and I thought, "Yes it's 10pm, but hey I caught a quick nap earlier and the treadmill is in my house, so you better do something!" and so I thanked Ryan for that motivating question and changed into workout clothes.

I didn't go running, but I did bring up my Antarctica Route and walked at 4.2mph at 0% incline for 1.0 miles in 14:53 burning 113 calories. My legs were a bit tired pre-walk but by the end I was loosened up. Finally feeling healthy coming off of a 5-day cold it was good to get a workout in where my lungs felt normal. Grant it, I didn't push myself and did the bare minimum to dent my 1500 mile journey but it still felt good to get a mile in. I surprised myself by actually exercising given little prompting. Perhaps soon Ryan's prompt will be replaced by an inner-prompt, but for now I am grateful I was asked "Are you running today?".

New Miles: 1.0
Total Miles: 4.5
Miles Remaining: 1495.5
Weight: 140.8

Now is a good time to point out that my weight tends to fluctuate between 2-3lbs within a day, so "gaining weight" from one workout to the next is anything but atypical. I am just weighing myself pre-workout or post-workout and when I work out doesn't have a set schedule so there isn't consistency other than the fact I am taking the time to weigh myself to generally track my progress.

Most motivating songs during the work out:  April Smith and the Great Picture Show 'Like a Movie Loves a Screen' and 'Colors'

No comments:

Post a Comment