Sunday, November 7, 2010

Origins of the Journey of 1500 Miles

What is the Journey of 1500 Miles? In an effort to kick-start myself back into being fit, and to get my personal health back on track, I purchased a NordicTrack 1750 Treadmill. The inspiration for my "fitness plan" is to walk/run at least 1 mile for every $1 spent on the treadmill purchase; a total of $1500 and thus 1500 miles. When I complete 1500 miles I can justify my treadmill purchase as worth the investment.

To round out my fitness plan I will do plyometrics, utilize a set of kettlebells ranging from 5lbs to 20lbs, and also use 2-5lb free weights, an exercise ball, and yoga mat. Additionally in my Journey1500 Gym I have a balance trampoline and a jump rope; usage to be seen. The key piece of workout equipment is nothing I could purchase - perseverance and the mental toughness to keep going when my body wants to stop. 

Let the Journey1500 begin.


No comments:

Post a Comment