Friday, November 26, 2010

Mile 1

Last week my husband, Ryan, came home and excitedly asked me what I did that day, exercise-wise. I sheepishly admitted: nothing. I am the most motivated I have been in a long while and yet I managed to still do nothing.

Pending the arrival of the treadmill I did go on one 1 mile walk with Ryan and every day, since the end of October, I have walked the stairs at work 3 flights each way. It is sad how winded those 60 steps make me, but I can tell the difference it is making with my lungs, heart, and legs. In addition to that there was one night where I lifted my 5lb weights because Ryan lifted his 30lb weights; his activity motivated my activity. On this journey I hope to grow in self-motivation; where all these small steps I am taking will add up to me being permanently self-motivated.

On Tuesday, November 23 the Treadmill arrived! Weight 350lbs. The delivery company put it in our garage leaving us to move it upstairs into the freshly painted, bright-yellow, Journey1500 gym. Ryan and I together could lift it, but I wasn't strong enough to walk it anywhere. It wasn't until Friday, November 26 that, with the help of a few friends, the Treadmill made its way upstairs and Ryan and I assembled it. 

Once the Treadmill was assembled we started playing with its features and before I knew it I was walking. I hadn't anticipated actually walking at that moment but once I was .2 miles into what could be my first mile I decided to make it the official Mile 1.

Having a cold and exercising isn't the best combination but I did it. I averaged 4.0mph with various inclines, as per whatever iFit workout I had selected. Then a difficult 16 minutes later I had finished Mile 1! I exclaimed "I did it!" and raised my arms in accomplishment, then pressed stop, and caught my breath.

Total Workout: 1.02miles, 16:17, 194 cals.

New Miles: 1.0
Total Miles: 1.0
Miles Remaining: 1499.0
Weight: 139.4lbs (post-workout)

No comments:

Post a Comment