Thursday, September 19, 2013

Bad Decision Made Worse

I went to work because all afternoon I was going to be able to take it easy and sit at a ballpark and watch baseball. This ended up being a bad decision.

I had to walk to the ballpark. Which was unpleasant due to the hot sun. I felt very warm. Then our seats were in the sun. I already could barely breathe due to the cold and being in the hot, sunny sun put me over the top. Well, probably eating a hot cheeseburger added those few extra degrees. I lasted in the sun about 10 minutes before Matt told me I didn't look good and needed to get in the shade. I did get a sunburn on my chest and face and arms from those few minutes - that's how much I've avoided being in the sun this summer. 

I then sat in the shade with him for awhile, then moved to a place in the shade where we could actually see the game. Fortunately Ryan was at this same game with his work and so he came over and hung out with me. Eventually we went to his section, which was in the shade. He went back to his seat and I just wandered around, stood around, sat around trying to stay cool. It was in the low 70s but I was struggling. I found a little spot to watch the game and half-lean/stand on a railing. I did that for a few innings and before the game ended Ryan and I left.

The nice thing was Ryan had driven in so I had a ride home. The downside was we had to walk quite aways across a parking lot to get to the car. I was dragging by the time we reached the car, very overheated, very uncomfortable, and ready for a nap.

All-in-all I walked more than 1.5 miles.

New Miles: 1.5
Total Miles: 1550.0

No comments:

Post a Comment