Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Biting Off More Than I Can Shoe

There is a large Rubber Ducky on the river, so of course I have to go see it. I deemed myself to be feeling pretty good and so I went for it and walked there. I knew that it would require I walk 1.0 miles and I worried that I would be biting off more than I could shoe.

I took my water bottle, wallet, and phone and off I went. It was only 71 degrees but it felt very very hot. There were a lot of other people interested in this 40 foot inflated duck, and rightfully so. I got someone to take my picture so I could be in a picture with an equally rotund and waddly fellow.

Once I was over there I took my time - taking pictures, wandering around looking for other angles for photos.Then I waddled back to the office. The puns associated with this Rubber Ducky visit have been amazing and now that I got to see the duck and have my own photos I finally got to partake.

Here are some of my puns:
  • If he is too big to fit under the bridges maybe he should duck.
  • Irish ducks ask: Where's the quack?
  • What the duck?
  • The eye witness confirmed: He's the one. 
  • It's not all it's quacked up to be. 
  • The sight of it quacks me up. 


After the walk I was very hot sitting in the office for a little while. But I soon recovered and cooled down. I blame being overly hot on the fact I was wearing socks and shoes -- if I could have taken those off and put on flip-flops I would have felt so much better. I kept thinking of a modified Indiana Jones quote: "I shoes poorly."

New Miles: 1.0
Total Miles: 1551.0
Weight: 165.0



No comments:

Post a Comment