Saturday, September 7, 2013

Too Hot to Trot

On Friday I meant to get out and walk, but it got late and Ryan said he had planned on leaving at 7 -- and as I was debating whether or not I was going to join him I figured it wasn't safe to leave. I should have asked how he was doing time-wise or realized he notoriously runs late -- and I could have gotten my walk in with ample time to spare. But instead I sat on a chair thinking about walking and thinking about what I wanted to do with my night.

In the end I decided to go with him to the Irish Festival and listen to him play. I wandered away a little to buy raffle tickets and some food and a song they play came over the speakers and I thought "Oh the band plays this song. I'm sure I'll hear this again soon." then "Wait a second that's Ryan!" -- and I realized they were pumping the sound from the stage into the tent area I was in. So I hurried back so I could catch as much of it as possible.

During the performance Ryan's dad gave Ryan a shout-out for his pending Fatherhood, and me a shout out too - so I stood up and waved to everyone. Then a member of the band gave Ryan's dad a shout out for his pending Grandparenthood. It was very sweet.

On Saturday I was determined to get a walk in. In the afternoon I headed out and didn't even make it to the top of the hill before I deemed it too hot. I turned around and went back home. I knew it wasn't going to go well if I tried walking outside, so instead I went inside and got the long forgotten treadmill cued up and I walked on it.

I carried the 2lb weights as I walked since I need to get some sort of muscle strength in preparation for holding this baby. I know 2lbs is measly but it at least is something! I walked at 3.8mph and that felt fast but not like I was pushing it - so nicely in the upper bounds of the sweet spot. Total Workout: 1.0 in 15:49

New Miles: 1.0
Total Miles: 1544.75
Weight: 159.0

No comments:

Post a Comment