Sunday, August 25, 2013

Tired but Restless

Hard to explain my energy level, but I was very physically tired but restless. I was very sore from cleaning the basement a little and standing at a wedding reception for a while and from staying up til 1am. My body felt like I had run a half marathon. But despite my soreness I wanted to do things -- but since I can't do too much I couldn't be very productive. Ryan however had a busy day with some yard work and ripping up hallway carpet.

After a long day of wanting to do things and not doing much I was restless so I got myself up and went on a walk. I reached my turn around point and noticed a lot of smoke in the air near a house. After a few seconds of contemplating whether or not to check it out I decided to check it out and make sure it was just a grill rather than a house fire. The air didn't smell one way or the other which also required the visual inspection. I walked down and fortunately it was just a very smokey grill.

On my walk back I passed a house that had a lawnmower and weed whacker in the front yard. It looked like it was for anyone to take, but it wasn't clear. On my walk out I thought about asking the homeowner about them if the person happened to be out. And on the walk back the homeowner was out. I walked a few steps past but went back and asked. Not only were they for the taking and free but the two work perfectly fine! The guy, Jake, bought new ones because he had had a stroke and needed more self-propelled versions. The man is only in his mid-to-late 30s so that was rather shocking. I called Ryan to come pick them up, since I didn't want to overexert myself pushing them up the hill. I felt a tad guilty taking them - as we don't need them. However, the plan is to find someone who needs them or to give them to our friend Jef who "collects" yard tools and I'm sure could find them a home(s) where they are needed.

Total Workout: 1.1+

New Miles: 1.0
Total Miles: 1539.75
Weight: 155.4

No comments:

Post a Comment