Saturday, August 3, 2013

Run-Walk

I was itching to get outside. Ryan happened to mention he was driving over to the high school field to do sprint work. Perfect opportunity!! I also wanted to run, but new I wouldn't be able to run-run. But I wanted to try moving faster than a walk.

We got to the field and punted a soccer ball back and forth some, warming up. Then I started trotting along, out and around the football end post, across the field to the other end and around that end post, then back to my starting point - making a large triangle. I grabbed some water. Then I did it again. After a quick swig of water I decided to modify the running I was doing as it felt rather taxing. Instead I decided to ping-pong from the water bottle on the sideline to around the field goal post - running 2 lengths then walking 1. Adding in the walking was key - it kept me feeling comfortable and not too taxed.

After 5 out-and-backs I grabbed a sip of water then I kept going and did 6 more. I then cooled down by walking around the entire field - where I paused for a minute and watched a yellow finch eat some tall grass seed. I wrapped it up at the end with a few walking lunges.

It was definitely demanding, but I didn't feel like I overexerted myself. I could see just how hard it is going to be to get back into shape, let alone training for another half marathon. But I'll worry about that later, all I can do is focus on now and keeping myself properly healthy.

New Miles: 1.25
Total Miles: 1529.0
Weight: ~150.0

No comments:

Post a Comment