Thursday, August 22, 2013

Feels Greater than it is

On Monday I walked to the park, sat on a bench, rested my eyes for a handful of minutes, then stood up and did some stretching. If I've learned anything from that difficult stretching the other day it's that I should stretch more! I almost didn't care if it looked weird. I figured people would be like "That's strange. Oh she's pregnant. Nevermind."Since the walk there and back is 0.3+ I figure I will count 0.25 towards my Journey total since it was a walk, especially since it felt harder to do than a measly 0.25 miles. As I neared the building a lady whose name I cannot remember and a guy I've never talked to before were outside smoking. The guy said "You having a girl?" I said that I was. He said, "I'm correct 90-95% of the time."; proud of his correct guess. We chatted for a bit. They told me I looked healthy and good, so that was nice to hear. And then I did a "cool down" by sitting in the air conditioning. Total Workout: 0.25

Today I was inner-monologue-lamenting the fact I haven't walked in a number of days. And lo and behold I was surprised into having to walk. How is this possible? It happens when you forget you are going out to lunch for a co-worker's last day and the restaurant is <0.5 miles away. I walked there, ate some yummy food, walked back to work = 0.75 miles (I could've sworn it was farther than that!). Then after work was a happy hour for the same guy and I had to walk there and then over to my bus - adding on 0.3+. Total Walk: 0.75 + 0.25 = 1.0

New Miles: 0.25 + 1.0 = 1.25
Total Miles: 1538.75
Weight: 153.6ish

No comments:

Post a Comment