Monday, August 19, 2013

Stretching from My Comfort Zone

Incredibly tired all day due to two odd nights' sleep and the fact I am growing a human. I laid around for a while, feeling in a funk. Then I rolled myself off the couch and made myself stretch.

I put the yoga mat on the living room floor and did a handful of yoga poses and stretches my pregnancy book recommended. It was incredibly difficult! My legs felt like rubber and weird. My body didn't want to move. Simply changing posture from my normal sitting and standing was a work out! But I forced myself to do 5 sets of 10 second deep squats, with some pause/recovery in between. I wasn't huffing and puffing but I was grunting.

I did warrior pose, and some other pose I can't remember the name of. I did your basic static stretches. I did several calf stretches whilst extending my opposite arm over my head - I like that the best, not only because I kept good balance but also because it felt good but the most effortless of all the stretches.

After all that stretching I told Ryan how hard stretching felt. He said "I know. It didn't look good." -- as in all that struggling I was doing to move my body was very obvious. All the grunting was also a likely give away that each movement was in itself a workout.

But then after that we went outside and got a 1.0 mile walk in and that felt good and not like a big struggle. So at least I can do something! During the walk we discovered that 4 big trees that lined a section of our walk along the sidewalk have been cut down. It looks very different. And the summer night air was filled with the smell of freshly cut wood/sawdust.

New Miles: 1.0
Total Miles: 1537.5
Weight: 153.6 ...because I actually took the time to weigh myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment