Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Vacation Walks

Saturday, June 29 - Ryan and I drove to the Philadelphia suburbs and saw my best friend Sarah and her husband Brian and talked with her for 2 hours. Then we drove a few miles to my aunt's house where my two cousins, their one friend, and some of my family were for dinner and a good night's sleep. We feasted. Then some of us somehow went on a walk. Ryan and I first went up the hill ourselves to see the sunset for a few minutes, then back - doing ~0.5 miles. As we were coming back Bridgette and Dan were heading out then my cousin Sean and friend Tony decided they would walk too and so Sean led us in the opposite direction out of the neighborhood and onto a path that led into the woods. When the place he wanted to show us was described it didn't sound like that far of a walk. When we actually walked it it was far and I wanted to go home. But I didn't. Instead I walked with them, got bit by some mosquitos in the woods, then walked back. At least the path was paved and the company was good. Walked 1.0+. Total Workout: ~0.5 + 1.-+ = 1.5 miles.

Sunday, June 30 - Drove 3 hours, due to bad driving conditions, to Rehoboth Beach, Delaware for our Beach Vacation 2013! Got in, got changed, walked 1.0 to the beach. Nice, hot sun. Got feet wet in the ocean. Relaxed on the beach. Hung out there for ~2 hours then walked back 1.0. In the evening we drove to the beach area and got some ice cream. And then we swung by the Dogfish Head Brew Pub where I had sniffs of delicious-smelling beers. Total Workout: 2.0 miles

Sunday, July 1 - Rainy day then cloudy. Drove to the beach and stayed there for hours, played a Skee Ball Tournament where I learned I was bad at Skee Ball. At night we walked 0.5 miles to the Dogfish Head Brew Pub, and several delicious beers later (as consumed and stated by everyone else), walked 0.5 miles back. Total Workout: 1.0.

Wednesday, July 3 - We got to the beach around 10am. Ryan and I stayed until 4:30pm. The rest of my fam stayed until about 6pm. At 4:30pm Ryan and I decided to walk back to the hotel. It was very hot and sunny, and by the end I had wished there was an ocean I could have jumped into. Total Workout: 1.0 miles

Friday, July 5 - Back in the suburbs of Philly for my brother-in-law's wedding and wedding festivities. As Ryan was out golfing with his dad and two relatives I was at the hotel reading my book. For 2.0 miles worth of my book I was on a treadmill walking. I walked those 2.0 miles in about 38 minutes.

New Miles: 1.5 + 2.0 + 1.0  + 1.0 + 2.0 = 7.5
Total Miles: 1512.5
Weight: 142.4-146.4 (Yikes! But that's vacation for you! Nothing like encouraging a baby bump to bump out than feeding the baby overloads of food and goodies and lemonade!)








No comments:

Post a Comment