Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Immediate Regrets

Temperatures were going up to the low-90s but with a Feels Like of 100 degrees. By lunch time it was only 80-something so I decided to go on a walk. I really wanted to get out and move, I didn't really want to be outside in the heat. But given that the only option I had to get moving outside was to be in the heat I rolled up my pant legs, donned my hat and went leisurely walking to the state park. At my turn around point I sat in the mist of the fountain for a few minutes. I then headed back.

I took my water bottle with me and every minute I drank some. It was much needed. I felt fine while I was walking but as soon as I was back and resting up I felt as though perhaps I shouldn't have gone out. The good thing was I was then able to sit still for the next 4 hours and recover.

I know better. I know I should stay in the air conditioning. And yes, I love being in the air conditioning. But I also want to make sure I stay moving and fit. So I made my choice, and it wasn't horrible. Until I got a minute to reflect on it after it was all said and done. And that is when I realized I should probably have chosen to be a lump. I don't think the walk did anything bad, it was just taxing and I hadn't realized that it was until it was over. I learned I need to tell myself no sometimes even though that's hard to do.

New Miles: 1.0
Total Miles: 1515.75
Weight: ~146.0

No comments:

Post a Comment