Sunday, October 6, 2013

Flip Flop Walk

It was 80 degrees out and I sat on the front porch reading some of the newspaper. That lasted for about 10 minutes before I overheated. I decided I wanted to shower and right before taking my shower I decided instead to walk. I had wanted to walk but knew it was too hot out seeing that I couldn't even sit outside. But the great thing is I have the treadmill. I knew socks and shoes would make me feel too hot, so instead I just wore my flip flops.

I started off at 3.3mph and tried to bump it up to 3.4mph and immediately learned that was too fast. I walked 1 lap at 3.3mph. I felt good, and perhaps warmed up, so I mentally pumped myself up to walk a touch faster and 3.4mph felt fine. I walked the rest mostly at 3.4, only scaling it back to 3.3 for a little bit.

I listened to Marketplace Money and carried the 2lb weights in my hands. The walk felt good. I was hoping it would kick start labor a little bit, but alas it did not. It was good to get a workout in before showering and relaxing for the rest of the day.

Total Workout: 1.0 miles in 17:54 107cals.

New Miles: 1.0
Total Miles: 1553.0
Weight: 166.0

No comments:

Post a Comment