Saturday, March 30, 2013

April Fool's Challenge

Today was the day of the Just A Short Run and so I woke up at 6am and drove to North Park. I parked, shuttled over to the packet pickup. Picked up my packet and Ryan's and then walked back to my car - covering just over .5 miles. For the past few days I had felt rather bad with a migraine, and that was my sign to definitely not even do the 5K. So it was an accomplishment to (A) wake up and (B) walk tin the very cold back to my car.

Later in the morning I felt much better and joined Ryan, Bridgette, Conor, Rory, and Devin for an April Fool's Challenge - 4 mile run and obstacle course. I designated myself the photographer and followed them through some of the course. I ran back and forth across a soccer field, to another soccer field, then after Ryan, Conor, and Devin passed I tracked back back so I could get pics of Bridgette and Rory, and then I followed them around the course. After I got home I mapped out all the criss-crossing I did and I had run 1.5 miles myself! I also got a tinge of sunburn on my face -- it was a nice sunny day in the low 40s.

Before (Ryan, Conor, Bridgette, Rory, Devin)

After







During

New Miles: .5 + 1.5 = 2.0
Total Miles: 1426.0
Miles Remaining: 74.0
Weight: 127.6

No comments:

Post a Comment