Sunday, September 25, 2011

Sun and Run

A gorgeous late September day with temperatures in the high 70s and sun, sun, sun! I coached a soccer game (which we tied though should have won) in the bright sunshine and heat and it made me love the outdoors even more! I drove home with the windows down and got refreshed and energized and when I got home I went outside for a run.

I always feel as though I get seasonal affective disorder, and today I think I found my evidence. After a sluggish few weeks I finally found the drive to run again -- and all I needed was exposure to sunshine for a few hours to soak up its warmth and have it feed my brain to make me happy. These last two weeks I have been getting home from work (some days later than usual) and some days have been warm but others have been cold or rainy and then it starts getting too dark to do anything after 7:30 and so I get into my house and I don't do anything. In no way will this help me in my journey and it will definitely make for a very long fall and winter if I can't find a way to get past this mental hurdle.  

Oddly in this two week span I have maintained a lower weight - consistently seeing pound 137 on the scale. I thought I was doing awesome by doing nothing - and then of course I realized I haven't been drinking my water and that definitely accounts for 1-2 pounds. So today - after hydrating and for some reason eating a lot more than usual yesterday I scaled up at 138.4 (then 137.8 after the run). Note to Self: Continue to be smart of my food decisions.

New Miles: 5.25
Total Miles: 439.0
Miles Remaining: 1061.0
Weight: 138.4

No comments:

Post a Comment