Saturday, June 4, 2016

Early Morning Run

I went to bed thinking I'd like to run in the morning. Having that in my mind helped me to just get up and do it - for fun no less! I woke up at 6 and was running by 630. I did my 3 mile loop. After 1/2 mile I stretched for 4 minutes. After 1 mile I stretched again. I needed those breaks. But I was out doing and that was what I needed to be doing and so I was fine with taking some re-coup time.

Not many people were out. It was a nice morning already - and warm enough to wear a tank top and shorts. I listened to On The Media and just enjoyed the morning.

Since I paused my stopwatch each time I took a break I had a sense of how long I actually ran for of my 35ish minutes of being out on a run. It was 27:59. I'll take it!

Oh! I'll also note that starting June 1 until June 24 I decided to cut out sweets - so anything that is purely just sugary deliciousness is a no-go. So far so good. Having that challenge and an end point to it is really helping me stick with it. And I haven't gotten angry yet from sugar withdrawal so that is great news!

New Miles: 3.0
Total Miles: 9.0
Miles Remaining: 1491.0
Weight: 142.0ish... I keep fluctuating between 140.0 in the morning and 143.0 later in the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment