Sunday, June 5, 2016

A Socky Walk

I had a "free" day without Nora and a "free" night without Ryan but also without a car, and it was a glorious sunshiny 70 degree night so I went out walking just to be out in the amazing air and get some exercise. I semi-did my running loop but added some new pieces just to explore.

The walk was refreshing. And at one point for a few yards the air smelled like it did during college soccer runs to the field - so that took me back to the mile run to practice and just the enjoyment of that run with my teammates. Otherwise it was uneventful other than it felt like a mini-vacation -- just calmness, relaxingness, and being.

I didn't wear the right socks though - the ones I wore were too slippy in my shoes. It is unpleasant to feel your feet move within your shoes every single step. For runs I pick my running socks that are cotton and thicker but for this walk I thought it wouldn't matter. But it did. I'm hoping there was a plus side to the discomfort and that it burned extra calories but also strengthened my ankles and random other ligaments as my body adjusted and shifted every step. I'm sure I will be sore tomorrow, because I was already getting sore towards the end of the walk.

It took 1 hour and 6 minutes to go 3.5 miles.

I love being outside. And I especially love being outside on very nice nights.

New Miles: 3.5
Total Miles: 12.5
Miles Remaining: 1487.5
Weight: 140.0 end of day

No comments:

Post a Comment